Sunday, January 6, 2008

Charles Finney, Hero Or Heretic?

Ok, I will not keep you in suspense, Charles Finney is a heretic. I was browsing his Systematic Theology, which is more like a Systematic Ethics, and found myself amazed at the ideas he so vociferously taught. I am more shocked by the number today who consider Finney a legend, "The father of revival" as he has been called. If you bring a group to your congregation to hold a "revival" you can thank Mr. Finney. It still bothers me that people think they can bring about revival, God is the only one who can bring about genuine revival. Watch these videos closely and learn more about the heresy of decisional regeneration.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A quote from the video:

"And the reason Finney drew many of the conclusions he did, was because he did not distinguish between Calvinist orthodoxy and hyper-Calvinism."

That applies to a lot of people.

Tim Brown said...

Thanks for this post. I've linked to it over at my blog and added a few of my own comments.